Use Of Grant Funds
What is the Cook County Small Business 2023 Source Grant (“The 2023 Source Grant”)?
Created on July 18, 2023
The Cook County Small Business Source proudly introduces The 2023 Source Grant, which will provide $40 million in grants to small businesses coupled with no-cost advising and coaching services, to help stabilize operations, foster recovery and resiliency, and advance equity in a post-pandemic economy.
Businesses located in Cook County with fewer than 20 full-time employees that were in business prior to 2020 are eligible to apply. The program will prioritize businesses:
- Located in suburban Cook County
- Businesses negatively impacted by COVID in sectors hardest hit by COVID including Arts & Entertainment; Childcare & Social Assistance; Hospitality, Food & Tourism; Retail Trade; Transportation & Warehousing.
- $500,000 dedicated to Veteran-owned small businesses.
The 2023 Source Grant program will offer two types of grants based on 2019 gross revenue:
- Businesses with 2019 gross revenue between $20k-$50k are eligible to receive $10,000 grants.
- Businesses with 2019 gross revenue of more than $50k are eligible to receive $20,000 grants.